Duchman Family Winery brought home the highest award from the 2023 TEXSOM Awards, winning a Platinum Medal for its 2018 Montepulciano, Oswald Vineyard. The Montepulciano also won Best Montepulciano at the 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition.
“Montepulciano has been in our portfolio since day one and remains one of the most popular wines in our lineup,” said Winemaker Dave Reilly. “It is a crowd pleaser with rich black fruit and spice notes and soft, lush tannins that pairs well with savory dishes.”
Spicewood Vineyards won Gold for its 2019 The Independence, a Bordeaux-style blend of Cabernet, Merlot and Petit Verdot.
“The Independence, which also won Double Gold at the 2023 San Antonio Rodeo competition and Gold at the 2022 Jefferson Cup Invitational Wine Competition, is a great example of a full-bodied, red blend with lots of flavor and structure to enjoy with backyard barbecues and holiday dishes.”
Here is a run-down of other TEXSOM Awards for the Texas Fine Wine wineries.
- Duchman Family Winery 2021 Sangiovese, Reddy Vineyard
- Spicewood Vineyards 2018 The Good Guy
- Spicewood Vineyards 2022 Viognier
- Bending Branch Winery 2022 Picpoul Blanc, Texas High Plains
- Duchman Family Winery 2017 Aglianico, Oswald Vineyard
- Duchman Family Winery 2021 Roussanne, Oswald Vineyard
- Pedernales Cellars 2019 Graciano
- Pedernales Cellars 2020 Tempranillo Reserve
- Pedernales Cellars 2019 Valhalla
- Spicewood Vineyards 2019 La Pareja
- Spicewood Vineyards 2019 El Guey