Pedernales Cellars is Texas’ leading producer of authentic, handcrafted wines, specializing in Spanish and Rhone style wines, including benchmark Tempranillos and Viogniers. Family-owned and operated, Pedernales Cellars is dedicated to world-class wines, sustainable practices and Texas Hill Country hospitality. The estate vineyard of Pedernales Cellars was planted in 1995 by Larry and Jeanine Kuhlken, and their children David and Julie, and son-in-law, Fredrik Osterberg, produced the winery’s first vintage in 2006.
2012 Texas Tempranillo
The 2012 vintage blends Tempranillo from both the High Plains and the Hill Country to produce a robust varietal Tempranillo. This vintage expresses the familiar notes of cherry and mineral with additional hints of dark chocolate and spice. The finish is supple with ample body and a moderate acidity that trails out nicely on the palate. The 2010 Tempranillo won Gold at the 2013 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition; 2012 Tempranillo Reserve won Double Gold at the San Francisco International Wine Competition; 2010 High Plains Tempranillo and 2010 Tempranillo Reserve won Double Gold at the Lone Star International Competition; and the 2010 High Plains Tempranillo won Gold at the 2013 Dallas Morning News/TEXSOM Wine Competition.
Recent Awards and Accolades
• Gold — 2011 Texas Tempranillo at the 2014 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
• Grand Gold – 2012 Viognier Reserve at the 2013 Lyon France International Wine Competition
• Gold – 2012 Viognier and 2010 High Plains Tempranillo at the 2013 Dallas Morning News and TEXSOM Wine Competition
• Gold – 2011 Tempranillo Reserve at the 2013 San Francisco International Wine Competition
• Double Gold – 2010 High Plains Tempranillo and 2010 Tempranillo Reserve and Gold – 2011 GSM at the 2013 Lone Star International Competition
• Double Gold, Top Texas Wine, Class Champion and Texas Class Champion – 2012 Texas Viognier at the 2013 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition
• Gold – 2010 Texas Tempranillo at the 2013 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition
2916 Upper Albert Road
Stonewall, Texas 78671
Fredrik Osterberg, Co-Owner & President
Dr. Julie Kuhlken, Co-Owner & Design and Communications Director