TEXAS FINE WINE CELEBRATES TEXSOM’S 10TH ANNIVERSARY
Texas Fine Wine to Pour Award-Winning Wines at TEXSOM Hospitality Suite Co-Sponsored by Texas Monthly
CENTRAL TEXAS, July 21, 2014 – Celebrating one of the largest and most prominent wine education conferences for wine, spirits and beverage professionals, Texas Fine Wine is a proud sponsor of TEXSOM in its 10th year. Texas Fine Wine will co-host with Texas Monthly a Hospitality Suite on Sunday, August 10, for TEXSOM participants. Representing four distinguished Texas wineries, Texas Fine Wine will also pour wines for guests attending the August 11 Grand Tasting.
Texas Fine Wine members include Bending Branch Winery, Brennan Vineyards, Duchman Family Winery and Pedernales Cellars, a distinctive group of Texas wineries dedicated to producing quality wines sourced from Texas appellation vineyards, delivering excellent customer service and setting the highest standards in the Texas wine industry.
“Our focus is to bring more attention to fine wines made in Texas that can be found on the wine lists of some of the best restaurants and wine stores in the state,” says Fredrik Osterberg, co-owner of Pedernales Cellars. “We look forward to sharing our wines that range from Viognier, Vermentino and Picpoul Blanc to Tempranillo, Sangiovese, Mourvedre and Tannat – all of which express Texas terroir and character.”
Most recently, Texas Fine Wine wineries have won major awards at some of the nation’s most prestigious wine competitions:
• Gold, 2010 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Newburg Vineyard, 2014 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
• Gold, 2011 Tempranillo, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
• Gold, 2011 Tempranillo, 2014 Dallas Morning News/TEXSOM Competition
• Gold, W Winemakers Choice NV, 2014 Riverside International Wine Competition
Bending Branch Winery
• Gold, 2011 Texas Tannat, 2014 Dallas Morning News/TEXSOM Competition
• Top Texas Wine (Class Champion and Double Gold), 2011 Tannat, Estate Grown, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition
• Double Gold, 2011 Tannat-CM, Estate Grown, Appellation America’s Best of Appellation Awards
• Double Gold-, 2011 Tempranillo, Newsom Vineyards, Appellation America’s Best of Appellation Awards
• Double Gold, 2012 Picpoul Blanc, Estate Grown, Appellation America’s Best of Appellation Awards
• Gold, 2011 Mourvedre, Reddy Vineyards, Appellation America’s Best of Appellation Awards
Duchman Family Winery
• Gold, 2011 Aglianico, Oswald Vineyard, 2014 San Francisco International Wine Competition
• Gold, 2011 Sangiovese, Reddy Vineyard, 2014 Dallas Morning News/TEXSOM Competition
• Gold, 2011 Sangiovese, Martin Vineyard, 2014 Dallas Morning News/TEXSOM Competition
• Gold, 2011 Tempranillo, Bayer Vineyard, 2014 Lone Star International Wine Competition
• Double Gold, 2012 Tempranillo Reserve, 2014 San Francisco International Wine Competition
• Gold, 2011 Texas Tempranillo, 2014 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
• Gold and Best in Class, 2010 High Plains Tempranillo, 2014 International East Meets West Wine Challenge
• Gold, 2012 Texas GSM, 2014 International East Meets West Wine Challenge
• Gold, 2012 George Bush 25th Anniversary Reserve Texas Tempranillo, 2014 International East Meets West Wine Challenge
“This is the second year Texas Monthly has sponsored a Texas wine suite at TEXSOM,” says Jessica Dupuy, Texas Monthly wine columnist. “We continue to see great strides in the quality of Texas wines and this is a perfect opportunity to share these wines with a national community of influential wine professionals.”
Founded in 2005, TEXSOM was started by Master Sommeliers James Tidwell and Drew Hendricks to help promote professional wine service standards, outline paths for further wine education and certification, and raise public awareness about the professional standards and certifications for sommeliers. Today, the conference draws a total of 800 attendees, of which 600 are sommeliers and other beverage industry professionals.
The Texas Fine Wine Hospitality Suite, for registered TEXSOM conference attendees, is Sunday, August 10 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Four Season Las Colinas in Suite 215/219. For more information on Texas Fine Wine, go to www.TexasFineWine, Facebook: TexasFineWine, and Twitter: #texasfinewine.